Sharing and Caring of Okaloosa County
We desperately need a facility expansion and renovation!!! Since, 1990, we have operated our food pantry in our small 1,485 sq ft building using our tiny pantry of 409 sq ft. This year, we finally saved enough to purchase this building. Our 960 sq ft expansion will extend our rectangular building by 30'.
- more than double our pantry for food storage and cooling equipment
- add prescription interviewer room
- increase our reception lobby by 75%
- make our entrance, walkways,a nd client restroom more functional and handicap compliant
Our ultimate health goals are:
- increase food menu and toiletries
- exapnd prescription coucher program throughout Okaloosa County
Our mission is to improve the health and independency of our clients by providing nutritious food, personal care items, and medicine vouchers. This facility expansion grant will provide space for greater client food variety. Plus, we will expand our partnerships with Shelter House, Fresh Start, and other agencies to synergize the local transformational movement. The key is working together.
This year, S&C supported thousands of clients from all south Okaloosa County towns-including Eglin AFB with:
- Groceries (5,897 clients)
- 579 lunch bags
- personal care items (5,591 clients)
- 324 prescription vouchers.
This expansion will enable us to double the number of clients supported to all demographics with our outreach products. Project success will be measured by client participation.
From hurricanes, economic downturns, and COVID-19, S&C has been a steadfast food pantry fr the needy. Our project is sustainable because:
- Generous and sustained support (36 years) from individuals, businesses, churches, and the Unitey Way.
- No payroll costs
- A $20,000 gift pledged for expenses over your grant
Bottomline: Your grant will posture S&C for fulfilling local needs in the future.